Monday, February 15, 2010

Glad that whole 'VD' thing is over, right?

It's the day after Valentine's Day, and I'm glad that whole 'V-D' thing is over. I'm very well aware of all the ways people feel about Valentine's Day, which is why I'm not writing a post about it. What I want to talk about is how sexualized it is, when you dig through the commercializing of the 'holiday'. This brings me to why I'm really here: I read that its Condom Week!

Condom week reportedly runs from 2/14 through 2/21. I highly encourage everyone to stock up on condoms, and at least give them to those who need, or actually use them. I hope women who enjoy sex with women dont feel exempt. Lesbians CAN use condoms, with a few minutes and a little innovation you can be better safe than sorry too! It's very important that we care about our personal health and hygiene and the usage of condoms promotes that.

And of course you should be getting tested regularly! It should come up in conversations with prospective lovers, and if you can both (or all) be honest about yourselves, you run a very high possibilty of starting an open and honest relationship. Because, contrary to most beliefs, those sort of relationships actually do exist!

And women, please dont be afraid to initiate safer sex practices. If a man (or woman) thinks you're "loose" or "whorish" because you carry around your own condoms, than that person is a douche and you probably wouldn't have wanted to sleep with them anyway. Call it 'sour grapes' or call it instinct.

If you can do anything else this week, promote safe sex.

And watch our Youtube Video, about how to use a condom, which happens to be very lesbian friendly (and long by the way)
still unsure or have questions? Leave a comment here or under the video or ask us in twitter @SpazTalkRadio

Peace & Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All great ideas are dangerous. Yours are really ones. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I hope you will write more on this topic! I would like to learn more about this, and to hear your oninion. I am sure it will be something great.